SUMMER TERM: July 5 to September 19, 2021
* Registration for virtual and in-person classes are available.
* Please refer to Classes Fee and Payment Method section for details.
* Virtual classes are unlimited.
* In-person class size is limited to 4 students. Contact Sifu directly. First come, first served!
* In-person class may increase based on social gathering guidelines.
JI HONG TAI CHI FACE COVERING POLICY
This Policy has been developed further to the instructions of the Region’s Medical Officer of Health issued on July 10, 2020 which requires businesses and organizations to develop a policy requiring anyone entering their premises to be wearing a Face Covering. A full copy of these instructions can be found at york.ca/mandatorymasks.
The Policy applies in any enclosed spaces which are open to the public and where customers interact with one another or staff members. It does not apply to outdoor areas such as patios, whether or not the area is covered.
For the purpose of this Policy, a “Face Covering” means a non-medical mask or face covering such as a bandana, scarf or cloth (including a hijab and niqab) that covers the mouth and nose.
All staff must use their best efforts to prevent anyone from entering the premises if the person is not wearing a Face Covering. If you see a person entering the premises without a Face Covering, please advise the person of this requirement. Please ensure that they use the hand sanitizer before entering the premises and remind them of the need to maintain a distance of 6 feet from any other person.
If the person refuses to wear a Face Covering, the person is NOT permitted to enter the premises. Please remain polite and do not engage in any verbal confrontation.
The following individuals are exempt from the requirement of wearing a Face Covering:
- Children under 5 years of age
- Anyone who cannot wear a Face Covering because of a medical condition
- Anyone who cannot place or remove a Face Covering without assistance
- Anyone who refuses to wear a Face Covering based on any ground in the Human Rights Code.
If anyone states that they cannot wear a Face Covering because of any of the above reasons, you may accept their explanation and not require them to explain further or require proof.
If you see anyone in the premises who has removed their Face Covering for an extended period, please remind them that the Face Covering should be worn.
Note that Face Coverings may be removed temporarily for the following purposes:
- consuming food or drink;
- for any emergency or medical purpose;
Should you require additional information, please contact York Region Public Health at 1-800-361-5653). Visit york.ca/covid19 for additional information and resources.